Scholarships – Overview
Middletown Education Collaborative
Middletown High School Students are encouraged to apply for the Middletown Education Collaborative Scholarship!! All applications must be submitted by April 16th, 2012.
In 2007, the Middletown Education Collaborative (MEC) introduced the Scholarship Program for students graduating from Middletown High School, Middletown, RI. In May 2012, MEC will award a One Thousand Dollar ($1000) one-time scholarship to a graduating senior from Middletown High School. The student who receives this scholarship will be active in community service, and will be continuing their education at an institute of higher education.
Please remember that the following criteria must be met:
- Applicant must be graduating from Middletown High School, Middletown, RI in 2012;
- Applicant must have a history of community service;
- Applicant must be continuing his/her education at an accredited university, college, community college, trade school, vocational or technical school in the Fall of 2012.
- Applicant must include two (2) Letters of Recommendation from organizations with which candidate has volunteered. The Letters should demonstrate the student’s commitment to community service, past and present.
- Family members of MEC Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
- Scholarship amount is $1000 to be paid to the accredited institution.
- Application deadline is April16, 2012.
The Scholarship Application and Letters of Recommendation must be mailed to: MEC, P.O. Box 4975, Middletown, RI 02842 and postmarked by April 16, 2012.
Review and download the application online at our Scholarship Application Forms page. Follow all instructions in order for your application to be accepted for review.
The application should be mailed to: MEC, P.O. Box 4975, Middletown, RI 02842.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org